It is the time of year when you feel like you are running in every direction with so many things to do; like finding that perfect gift for everyone on your list, decorating your home and everything in between. It can sometimes feel like there is a giant clock ticking behind you, which follows you everywhere, reminding you that there isn’t much time left to get all of those things done.
So let’s take a step back from all of that zaniness and give you a quick and easy recipe that you can use during the holidays (or really anytime). This little number is perfect for small, informal gatherings like trimming your tree, but can also be included in a full-scale holiday soiree. Your choice.
Baked Brie with Apples & Cranberries
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup chopped apple (1/2 medium apple)
- 1/4 cup sliced natural almonds
- 1/4 cup dried cranberries
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1 round (8 ounces) Brie cheese (about 4 inches in diameter)
- Crackers or cocktail bread slices
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Coarsely chop apple with food chopper. Combine apple, almonds, cranberries, brown sugar and cinnamon in small batter bowl; mix gently. Stir in butter just until ingredients are moistened.
- Cut Brie in half horizontally using utility knife. Place one half of Brie, rind side down, on small bar pan. Spoon half of the apple mixture onto bottom half of Brie, spreading evenly. Top with remaining half of Brie, rind side up. Spoon remaining apple mixture over top. Bake 12-15 minutes or until cheese is soft and just begins to melt. Serve with assorted crackers or cocktail bread slices. Yield: 8 servings